Come join us for Friday Night Futsal! Futsal is FIFA’s official indoor soccer game which is, essentially, a scaled down version of outdoor soccer played indoors. It is a small sided game (5v5) played on a smaller field (roughly basketball court sized) with a smaller (size 3-4) ball. Futsal is played with touchline boundaries. There are no walls in play. This is the game that outdoor soccer players around the globe play when they are indoors to refine and maintain their control skills and touch.
What is Fustal?
Futsal is an exciting, fast-paced small sided soccer game that is played on an indoor court with a smaller, low-bounce ball.
Futsal places a large emphasis on technical skill in high pressure situations which can be translated into the outdoor game. The sport is a great skill developer as it demands quick reflexes, fast thinking and accurate passing.
The top priority of Futsal is to motivate players in an environment that is conducive to learning. A player will get roughly 2X the amount of touches than in a Futsal game vs a normal one in just 1/2 the time. Futsal is also great because it:
- Allows players to frequently touch the ball.
- Presents many opportunities to score goals and score goals often.
- Encourages regaining possession of the ball as a productive, fun and rewarding part of the game (defending).
- Maximizes active participation and minimizes inactivity and boredom.
- Reflects the philosophy of player development expressed at STBFC
- Eliminates complicated rules such as off-sides that may hinder youngsters from “playing”.
- Improves players technical ability and decision making in pressure situations
When and Where?
We will be playing at the brand new state of the art 98,000 sq ft RADD Sports facility.
League Starts Friday October 16th
Registration now open!
Cycle 1—October 16, 23, 30 & November 6
Cycle 2—November 13, 20, 27 & December 4, 11
U7-U19 Male and Female
Walk-on – $10 per night