At the intersection of Quantity and Quality you find yourself with a choice to make in an age-old debate of which is better.
With so many soccer clubs for players and parents to choose from, we felt it was important for us to share our thoughts on this topic. Hopefully this will give you a better understanding of our core beliefs and what we stand for, ultimately allowing you to make a more educated decision on calling Sporting Tampa Bay home.
While both sides can present a good argument and both sides have positives and negatives, at Sporting Tampa Bay we believe in Quality over quantity.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Quality allows us to be a player-centric and not team-centric model. Simply put, we put players first! Focusing extensively on creating technically competent players through education and development.
- Quality allows us to teach the Sporting Way of play, continuously helping players “Reach New Levels” within their development.
- Quality allows us to promote individual creativity and free play within a structured team environment, building their self-esteem and creative abilities to accelerate the learning process.
- Quality allows us to keep our primary focus on player development and not just winning games or chasing Got Soccer points.
- Quality allows us to develop our players in 4 primary areas. Physical, Mental, Technical and Tactical. This creates a much more well-rounded player.
- Quality allows us to keep our player to coach ratio much lower than others. Our player to coach ratio is roughly 14:1. Unlike some clubs in Tampa Bay who focus on Quantity with 2,500 players to only 100 coaches which is player to coach ratio of 25:1. Just like in school we feel a smaller more intimate group creates a much better relationship between coach and player as well as provides a better development environment.
- Quality allows us to develop players who will be recognized by their style of play on the pitch, regardless of the kit they wear.
- Quality allows us to create pathways and produce players that recruiters want to come scout.
- Quality allows us to be The ONLY Club in Tampa Bay with not one but two Directors who played and coached at the highest professional level in the world, hold their UFEA and USSF A License, and coached superstar professional players like Gareth Bale, Freddy Adu and Luke Shaw just to name a few.
We could go on but, to be short, Quality allows us the opportunity to not only provide the best for our players and families but also allows them to give us their best as well. We understand we have a responsibility to our players not only as players but as individuals. To help them develop attributes like leadership, tenacity, discipline, and teamwork that will serve them well throughout their lives.
If you want to come experience the beautiful game and Quality soccer, The Sporting Way. Register Today